Who We Are
We are iVET360 a private veterinary hospital management services company. We are looking to add a critical person to our small but growing company: a Staff Development Manager. This client-facing position will work with up to 30 of our hospitals located across the United States to assist them with staff management, client service, and practice leadership challenges. You will work side-by-side with a team of analytics and marketing specialists as part of a management services team that can truly elevate a veterinary practice. All team members must be truly collaborative people, willing to lean on those around them for assistance and guidance, yet ready offer their own experience and problem solving skills to help the team achieve its goals.
Who You Are
- You are passionately dedicated to helping others succeed
- You are an exceptional communicator who loves training and coaching veterinary staff
- You have outstanding organizational and time management skills
- You are someone that leads by influence and example, not title
- You are committed to lifelong learning
- You can laugh out loud and not take yourself too seriously
- You are deeply and sincerely interested in a truly career-making challenge helping us build a rapidly evolving private hospital best practices management system
- 2+ years management and operational experience; veterinary practice manager and human resources experience required. Additional healthcare industry experience helpful.
- The Staff Development Manager position is unique in our field and will require extensive veterinary practice management experience, preferably in a variety of different hospitals. Your past experience and knowledge will be called upon daily to help practices through training and performance issues our practices face.
- This is a “remote consulting” position, meaning we work in our office in Portland, OR and consult via phone, email, and video conferencing. If hired, you must live in or be willing to relocate to Portland, OR no later than your hire date. There will be some travel required for occasional on-site visits with client
- You must have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to empathize and troubleshoot hospital issues in a respectful, collaborative manner.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), salaried position. We offer fair market compensation that acknowledges your skills and experience, as well as performance-based incentives. As a startup, we offer a laid back, fun culture and an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and unlimited PTO.
No applicant for employment with iVET360 shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation or parental status.