- Annual Revenue: $6.8M
- 7 Full-Time DVMs
- Location: New York City
- Open 6 Days A Week
- General Small Animal Practice
Background & Challenges
The current owner purchased this practice in 2019 from the founder, and at that time the clinic’s identity was highly inconsistent and disjointed, with multiple different logos and a poorly functioning website.
The hospital’s fractured brand identity led to confusion within the community and a lack of brand awareness overall, which we felt stunted the hospital’s ability to grow. Our recommendation was that in order to establish the practice as an integral part of the NYC’s West Village community and to be seen as the area’s premier hospital, a complete brand identity overhaul was in order, starting with a new logo and website. The practice owner agreed.
- Created a new identity, logo, and branding to align with the target audience of wealthy, young urban professionals/millennials who regard pets as family members/children
- Badge-style logo reminiscent of “old NYC”
- Unique illustrations of West Village, including the hospital building façade and other local landmarks
- Made sure illustrations were youthful and contemporary, but not juvenile
- Built new, highly functional and easily navigable website incorporating this branding
This change had a monumental impact on the practice’s performance from this point forward. As with all branding, some impact is intangible, but the results of these new branding and marketing efforts can be seen in the overall increased awareness of the practice within the community, and in new client growth: